SUBMISSIONS + CURATED CONTENT
Thank you for your interest in The COCOLILY Journal.
The COCOLILY Journal is full of inspiring stories from successful entrepreneurs, how-to features for your business + lifestyle, fashion for the workplace plus other fabulous inspiration for the professional working woman, lady boss and entrepreneur.
We are always looking for bloggers, entrepreneurs and talented writers to contribute to The COCOLILY Journal.
We will publish content that will engage, educate and inspire our community.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS WE ACCEPT FOR THE BLOG AKA JOURNAL:
- Branding : your own personal image or business
- Business Etiquette : for an entrepreneur or at the workplace
- Motivation & Inspiration : how to keep going no matter what, pursuing the dream
- Marketing How To's
- Social Media Tips
- Financial Management : budgets, entrepreneur start-up, managing & saving
- Career : advice and tips for the woman in the workplace
- Networking : how to's, why and where
- Styled Shoot : new business launch, fashion, product or work space
- Entrepreneurs sharing their entrepreneurial journey and unique story, inspiring others in the startup world. This can include how you started, what you did to succeed and any failures, lessons or triumphs.
- Family : balancing, cooking and tips for how to do it all
- Fashion Editorial : from a business meeting, lounging on the weekends to a corporate party
- Health & Wellness : stress management, yoga techniques, relaxation at the office
- Recipes : healthy + quick, eating on the go, breakfast quick fixes
- Wanderlust experiences
- Retreats and getaways
COOL SPACES + EVENTS
- For a coffee meeting, event or night out after work
- Yoga studio, co-sharing or photography locations
- An upcoming workshop, conference or boutique event
If you have an article idea, story, celebrating news, or press release you would like to pitch to us and think our community would benefit and learn from, we would love to hear from you! The editors are always looking for original, informative and unique articles.
A FEW OTHER THINGS...
By submitting a story, you give your permission for COCOLILY & CO. to edit/use/publish the content for print and/or online use.
Please be advised that due to the high number of submissions we receive, we will be in touch to let contributors know if we have chosen to publish content.
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHED IMAGES + FILM.
We adore photos with a love of design, creativity, artistic, distinct style, breathtaking or that tell a beautiful story.
Please email a zip file of images to cocolilyandco(at)gmail(dot)com with subject “SUBMISSION | (name of your company or submission title)” and include the following details:
Your Twitter Username
Your Facebook Username
Your Instagram Username
Images with no watermarks and collages please. Please submit 5 to 15 images.
Please include your headshot.
All photographs in high-resolution digital format (300 dpi minimum when scaled to 9’ x 12’).
Please note that submissions with high quality photography, beautiful details shots and artistic vision are more likely to be featured.
Mini Bio of the author of the above article.
400 to 600 words for the article/content/story.
PROFESSIONALS & VENDORS
Please also include a list of all applicable vendors including company names and URL’s for as many prominent items that were photographed and captured in the images.
OTHER GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:
- All photo submissions must be approved by the photographer
- Images must be high-res and sized at minimum 300dpi
- Please do not collage images; they must be separated individually
- Please do not brand images with your logo or watermark
- Only submit one editorial, session or event per submission
- Please ensure to follow the above guidelines otherwise, COCOLILY & CO. will not accept your editorial or story if you fail to submit properly.
- When you submit to the blog/publication of The COCOLILY Journal, you acknowledge and agree to grant COCOLILY Journal and its Editors the right to reproduce, modify and publish your work both online and in print; making it available to the public and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed.
- By allowing COCOLILY Journal to publish your work, you grant us permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, marketing material, advertisements, videos and any other mediums or formats used in the creation and dissemination of COCOLILY Journal/COCOLILY & CO. content.
- COCOLILY has the right to edit, revise, abridge, expand or re-title any article.
- By submission of the article/contribution to us, the writer/author represents and warrants that they are the sole author of the article/story, that the article is original and that the writer/author owns all rights to it free of any prior assignment.
- You also warrant that your contribution is not defamatory and does not infringe on any law nor does it violate the rights of any third party, and/or you have obtained all released and permissions necessary for our use.
- In the case that you as the submitter are not the photographer, you guarantee that the photographer agrees with your submission.
- A photo release will be provided to you via email should we choose to publish your work in print.
- You also acknowledge that COCOLILY Editors have the right to crop your images, add fonts or text to your images and place them as we see creatively fit.
- We also have the right to include and/or exclusive select work from an editorial or feature.
The COCOLILY Journal enforces a strict editing / quality policy and due to the amount of editorials, articles and photography submissions received we are often not able to offer feedback unless the submission is of interest.
Successful submissions will get a response within ten (10) business days.
If you have not heard from us within ten (10) business days, please assume your entry has not fitted with our current themes.
Thank you once again for choosing to work with COCOLILY & CO.